Monday, November 17, 2008

dueling dialects and the delectable dialectic

Saylor came by with a bag full of words and a box full of art, his Franciscan departure delayed another day. i thanked him for both and listened to his instructions. but this is beside the point.

the point is that tonight i saw a peephole into a potential thesis via Queer theory which, of course, leads back to my precious Foucault. somehow the pieces are falling into place, and i am considering the most absurd experiment to amuse myself during their descent.

1 comment:

  1. I have a fan of Foucault sleeping on my couch right now. She wrote a song about him. You two would get along for sure. I reckon.
    By the way, I am glad none of us got stuck out in the boondocks. We are city folk.
    Why can't I stop with the hick lingo?
    There's more to say on vernacular, but I will save it for another day.

    p.s. ask me about 'cat language' one day. it's the vernacular of the marshmallow fortress.

    ReplyDelete