Thursday, August 7, 2008

the Trial (transcribed 1:41am)

the house is full of Amish children, all locks and hats. [she] arrives and i lose my bearings, along with my lawyer and family in the process. there is a Rabbit (talking as Sparrow) telling me that there was no missing link, that he had looked over the case and the pattern that almost wasn't there - wasn't.

he told me that he saw the emergence of pride and hubris,
and a fall to match.

i tell the Rabbit (talking as Sparrow) that he is right, that i have come to accept my fate, that whatever is supposed to be will be.
he tells me one more thing, but i cannot make out the words through the rattling of his cage.

court is coming in session, and as i walk away it begins to dawn on me that the Rabbit (talking as Sparrow) is the Judge.

No comments:

Post a Comment