Tuesday, May 19, 2009

magic, legumes, and the quotidian

it had been two weeks since my last foray into the kitchen to prepare dinner unsupervised, but yesterday evening i was left unsupervised, and once again i ended up over the stove. last time it was (delicious) black bean soup, this time it was (equally delicious) tempeh chili. apparently flatulent, bean-laden meals are my specialty, so let it be known: i am no Pythagorean.

but this is beside the point.

the point is i talked to my mother last night and i did my best to provide comfort regarding her latest vocational malaise. i told her that it was the things we did every day - not the calamities or windfalls - that have the greatest impact on the we way we feel. the quotidian is magical, and in the end it is our consistencies whose import and meaning matter most.

1 comment:

  1. I think we know why this blog is not call "Triangles All the Way Down."

    ReplyDelete