Tuesday, March 24, 2009

what's for Munch?

yesterday, after lunch, i talked to a friend of mine whose first child is due in October. he showed me an email from his wife: a 3-D sonogram image of their future son (or daughter), which she had Photoshop-ed into a famous painting by a dead Norwegian. it was truly bizarre, in appearance and intent, but this is beside the point.

the point is that another friend of mine called me yesterday evening, just after supper, to leave a joke on my answering machine about a one-legged waitress. this, too, would be beside the point except that his wife's labor was being induced within the hour, and by now they have seen and embraced their beautiful new baby girl.

the only logical conclusion is that there is some sort of tenuous, ethereal, (non-causal) connection between my mealtime activities and the reproductive cycles of my friends.

(unrelated); i am planning some manner of fast for next week.

2 comments:

  1. I will fast also. I can do it this weekend, if you want to do it together, brother.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No THAT made me laugh!

    ReplyDelete