Sunday, August 29, 2010

exceprt from notes on yesterday's meditation

these words originally appeared here on 28 August 2010:


my current journal

"start with pranayama followed by mantra. at some point it occurs to me: i'm just as far from the me i was in 2007 as the me i was in 2003. yet, the distance to the me i was the last year of college – before New York – seems closer than either. how are we to explain or graph these temporal geographies of mind, memory and nostalgia?"

"it was equal parts surprising and profound, obvious and sad. there is no going back to that summer when my enthusiasm for life and spirituality was eclipsed only by my inexperience and naiveté. this is not to lament their passing, merely and observation, because the perspective i enjoy now is informed not only by exuberance, or the novelty of something new, but fortified by the years of perseverance and commitment..."

No comments:

Post a Comment