Sunday, January 24, 2010

on turning 33

this one feels different.
i don' know why.
i don't think it's the math.
i don't think it's the trinity.
i don't think about it at all.
but i feel it.

i went for a ride today in a convertible, blindfolded, and had my chart read by a woman who isn't my mother. she told me my Gemini was ascendant. she told me i form meaning by means of montage and juxtaposition. i placed what she said next to the other thoughts in my mind and ate cheesecake under the watchful eye of a macaw named Taco.

i took off the blindfold and saw a room of friends i once knew as strangers. i read well-wishes from people i love in San Francisco. i did not want to think about the night ahead. my best friend cried in my living room. he asked me to give him permission to feel okay.
i walked him to his car and told him i was getting married.



i watched the woman i love age fifty years in the blink of an eye.
i loved her still. i loved her dying and frail.
i loved her after i was gone.

this body i call my own will not survive.
someday these words will wither into dust.

No comments:

Post a Comment