Thursday, July 24, 2008

my morning so far (in 3 parts)

Part 1 (ritual)

i go to my favorite corporate coffee shop for my daily caffeinated sacrament. on the way in, i see an incredibly beautiful woman in her late thirties. i do not let the child in her lap get in the way of the lust in my heart.

Part 2 (oblivion)

i read the local arts weekly, wholly oblivious to my surroundings as the barista learns how to use the coffee grinder. the article deals with Griselda Blanco and her one-time lover whom she met while incarcerated in California. the man was nearly 30 years her junior.

Part 3 (circles)

at the condiment bar i hear a man talking and place my attention. he asks me if i knew the man in front of me in line was Fred Thompson. i said no, but that Arthur Branch was one hell of a district attorney. the moral of the story?

this morning i lusted after a failed presidential contender's wife.

No comments:

Post a Comment