Saturday, June 7, 2008

a slippery slope?

i broke my practice of vegetarianism tonight at dinner. i would like to attribute it to a mercury deficiency, but i think it has more to do with the confluence of yellow tail, tuna, and salmon into a single, delicious tricolor roll. i intend to resume my practice, but a friend of mine returned from Peru several weeks ago with a harrowing tale...

my friend is an educator and an artist and a practicing vegetarian and went to Peru to help children. between sanding doors and running around Machu Picchu and watching cows run into apartment buildings, she managed to find time to eat... llamas. she told me: "I was in Peru, I had to llama."

there was a certain logic to what she said, but as the weeks passed by it was revealed that she didn't actually eat llama, she ate alpaca - the cutest animal known to man. she has developed the taste for blood since her return, and so far as i know there isn't a safe alpaca in all of South Florida.

No comments:

Post a Comment