Sunday, June 1, 2008

the day after...

and so my sister left yesterday, but not before giving me some mangoes which Wikipedia tells me are full of carotenoids and polyphenols. i approve.

what i'm not so keen on is that it also says that there is copper in there, and that it's at a "good level." what exactly is a "good level" of copper? and why are delicious tropical fruits always mucked up by transition metals? you can hardly even bite into a pineapple or kiwi nowadays without getting a mouthful manganese. but all this is besides the point.

the point is that i miss her, and i hope she gets some sleep amongst all those train people, with their cigar box smells and gray panther stares.

1 comment:

  1. Copper is in our blood.
    It helps circulation, I think.
    I miss eating mangos.
    Homesick.
    I took the panther pin off of my bag
    with a sense of finality.
    The train finally is coming around the last bend.

    ReplyDelete