Sunday, July 8, 2012

Two Exhibits, One Graph and Chickens Coming Home to Proust


Exhibit #1:


Conclusion #1: This blog is more volatile than the stock market.
Conclusion #2: Invest in tech stocks.

Exhibit #2:

     “Thank you. But I think I have everything I need.”
     “How about books and videos and the like?”
     “I can't think of anything I particularly want.”
     “How about Proust’s  In Search of Lost Time?” Tamaru asked. “If you’ve never read it this would be a good opportunity to read the whole thing.”
     “Have you read it?”
     “No, I've never been in jail, or had to hide out for a long time. Someone once said unless you have those kinds of opportunities, you can't read the whole of Proust.”
     “Do you know anybody who has read the whole thing?”
     “I’ve known some people who have spent a long period in jail, but none were the type to be interested in Proust.”

Conclusion #1: Haruki Murakami has a keen sense of conversation.
Conclusion #2: I'm probably never gonna make it all the way through Proust.

No comments:

Post a Comment