Friday, October 24, 2008

a matter of timing

last night i dreamed of my sister in the days before we were related. we were sitting in a parked car and she was promising sex; i can think of only one possible explanation...

a year ago that i found myself dateless two days before the Cat Power concert. i had been in North Carolina tending to past karma and upon my return i contrived an experiment: rather than going on a man-date, i decided to ask the next cute girl i saw to go with me. i walked down the avenue and ran into my sister sitting on a bench in front of a coffee shop. i said, "what are you doing next Monday?"

"going to Cat Power?"

2 comments:

  1. Yes. Cat Power. I met a cute guy who told me that he was an "Indoor Cat." I couldn't decide, later, if he meant literally or her was trying to be hip. He didn't seem to try to hard to be anything, not even my lover. He just wanted to tell me a lot of things, including this: Never get married, Meg.

    I thought of you. And then I thought, " I am not sure if that's a good thing to say on a first date."

    We spent time in both of our cars. And he's a quarius.

    To many future first dates that become family or something.

    ReplyDelete